There were a lot of comments that people couldn’t get parameters into their pivot tables. I didn’t save the workbook with which I made that post, but I was able to recreate it. You can download it:
I didn’t have any trouble recreating it, other than changing the Sheet2 reference in the code to Sheet1. I’m sure I’m just blowing by a step and not explaining it. Hopefully looking at the workbook will shed some light on why others couldn’t get it to work.
Note that the external data that my pivot table points to will not likely be in the same path on your machine. From the Immediate Window, my stuff looks like this:
ODBC;DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Office 2000OfficeSamplesNorthwind.mdb;DefaultDir=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Office 2000OfficeSamples;DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;
SELECT Invoices.PostalCode, Invoices.ExtendedPrice
FROM ‘C:Program FilesMicrosoft Office 2000OfficeSamplesNorthwind’.Invoices Invoices
You’ll have to change those paths to get it to work on your machine. You may, however, not need it to work, but just seeing the differences between this workbook and yours may be all you need.