I got a message like “MISSING: Microsoft Windows Common Controls 2.6.0? and I’m using 64bit Windows 7. Here are the steps I had to take to fix:
- Download the cab files from this knowledgebase article.
- Right click on the CAB file and choose 7-zip – Extract to mscomct2
- Open that folder and copy the two files (.ocx and .inf) to C:Windowssyswow64. Hit the “Continue” button with the admin symbol on it
- Start button and type ‘cmd’. Right click on the cmd entry that’s found and choose Run as Administrator
- In the command windows, change the directory to c:windowssyswow64
- Type ‘regsvr32 mscomct2.ocx’ and press enter