In honor of DDoE’s sixth birthday, I thought I’d see how this blog is developing compared to other six-year-olds. From About.com:
At mealtimes, the six-year old has a very good appetite – I’ve been starving this blog for years, so no match there.
Very few six-year olds will nap – This blog just took a week long nap while I was in Vegas. I guess when I don’t sleep, it does.
Bathing is a bother to most six-year olds – DDoE is wearing the same clothes it wore three years ago. Reminds me of Summer camp.
To the extent you can compare a blog to a child, we’re not faring very well. Thankfully, I have a better way to celebrate: a free book.
I know you’re all Excel geeks – me too. So to have a chance to win The Excel Analyst’s Guide to Access, you have to email your funniest Access joke. And by funny, of course I mean disparaging to Access folk.
Here are the rules:
- Send me an email with your Access joke.
- I must receive the email by 12:00AM Central Daylight Time, April 1st, 2010.
- You must send the email from the same email account with which you registered on this site. If you’re not registered, you can’t win. If you used a fake email to register, just include that fake email address in your message so I can confirm you’re registered.
- This list of eligible entrants will be entered into an Excel spreadsheet, a random number will be entered next to his name, and the list will be sorted on the random number. Whoever is at the top, wins.
- I’ll post the funniest jokes, but I won’t associate them with your name.
- One entry per registered reader.
- The winner will get my extra copy of The Excel Analyst’s Guide to Access mailed to the US (or reasonably priced) address of his choice
- Any other rules that make this contest less of a burden on me or that I may choose to enact retroactively or otherwise makes the give-away legal and easy are hereby included.
According to DataPig, this book won’t be released until April 5th. And I don’t even know if the publisher is sending me a copy (I was the tech editor). But I’m sure it will all work out for the best.