I got a very exciting package in the mail yesterday. Not one, but two, copies of Professional Excel Development Second Edition arrived from the good folks at Addison Wesley. You see, unlike some of the more selfish bloggers, I’m always thinking about you, the reader. When AW asked if I’d like a review copy, I said “Let’s make it two so I can give one away.” How could they refuse?
If I could have got one for each of you, you know I would have. But I only got one extra, so we have to have a drawing to see who wins. For a chance at your free copy, send me your best idea for the name of a new spreadsheet. A product that would compete with Excel, Lotus, OpenOffice Calc and the like. If you were in charge of naming such a product, what you would you name it. Send it in an email with a subject of PEDSE. When I get back from Manhattan next week, I’ll randomly select a winner. And of course I’ll post all the names.
Here are the rules:
- Send me an email with your product name ideas.
- I must receive the email by 12:00AM Central Daylight Time, June 8th, 2009.
- You must send the email from the same email account with which you registered on this site. If you’re not registered, you can’t win. If you used a fake email to register, just include that fake email address in your message so I can confirm you’re registered.
- This list of eligible entrants will be entered into an Excel spreadsheet, a random number will be entered next to his name, and the list will be sorted on the random number. Whoever is at the top, wins.
- I’ll list some of the more interesting names, but I won’t associate them with your name.
- One entry per registered reader.
- The winner will get my extra copy of PED mailed to the US (or reasonably priced) address of his choice
- Any other rules that make this contest less of a burden on me or that I may choose to enact retroactively or otherwise makes the give-away legal and easy are hereby included.